document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type

Thursday, April 2, 2009

We're Not Crazy Yet

Jaron and Becky arrived safely with the two boys and we have already had a good time catching up on many things.  Alden is a very busy almost three-year-old.  He cracked us up the other day. I was sitting down to lunch and was telling Becky that there was edemame in my veggies.  Alden, in his innocent little head thought he heard me say "eat-a-mommie".  He got this very puzzled look and repeated it.  We laughed at that one for a few minutes.  Then I proceeded to say that I have looked all over town at the stores I typically shop at and Fred Meyer's is the only store that carries these veggies I like, which I said "are made by Green Giant".  Again Alden exclaims "A green giant!?"  Little kids, so cute.
Today Alden felt like he needed to warn us about him playing.  As he dumped the bucket of cars out he says, "I'm going to make a mess!" Which is also what he told his mother early this morning as he was looking through the storage bins downstairs that contain all the "old" toys. And boy did he hold true to his word.  
Jaron has braved the snow, wind and rain to begin pruning.  It is a cold, slow process.  He is averaging 30 trees in 3 or so hours.
After I was sustained as the liason for the YSA branch RS, I have been attending.  It is very nice to get to know the girls a bit better.  In the past I have only seen them for an occasional FHE at our house.  I am hoping that I can be of some use to them, someday.  They are very capable, sweet sisters.
Right now I have about seven quilts in progress.  They are in varying stages of development. I was going to say "like me" but what would that mean when I get one done.  Would that mean I am finished too? 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Barb! Good job on your blogging! Sunds like your fam is doing well. Tell Jaron and Becky hi for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! Thanks for blogging the funny things Alden says. I need to do that more often so that I will remember. We're so happy to be here! Thanks for putting up with us!!

    ReplyDelete