Okay it has taken a good long week to be able to put down in words about Sophie.
Gosh, maybe not...just thinking about her makes me cry.
But she was loved - I think - by most all the family. some more than others, but that's okay.
Poor girl had a tumor on her spleen that filled her belly with blood and was causing pressure on
her other organs. Her back legs were so swollen she could no longer walk. I feel worse cuz I didn't
realize she wouldn't walk so when we found her the next morning still laying in the same spot as the night
before- she was soaked from the sprinkler. :((
Alissa, James and I were with her when she went to sleep. The doc was so kind and gentle. What a good vet he was. They even sent us a condolence card a few days later. Hard to believe that just two days earlier she was walking with Brooke out to get pheasant eggs. Alissa had taken a picture of the two of them!
Yesterday CR and James and Abe reworked the playhouse and made repairs!
And they replaced two fence posts out at the street. James and Abe were working side-by-side when James got too close to the digging bar and Abe tried scalping him. James came in the house with blood running down his face and dripping off his nose. I'm thinking - oh! Oh! (thinking the log across the top of the swingset must have clobbered him when they were hoisting it up) There was no way to do stitches. So James had to sit with a gauze pad on it until it quit bleeding - man head wounds bleed!! Then he popped it back open in the shower this morning. :(
But good news is is the fence is done! The opening in the front of the porta-hut is closed off and the playhouse is ready to be played on. Now we can add another swing and between dad, I and Abe we're thinking another
baby seat?
No comments:
Post a Comment