document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mmmm

So I had this hankerin' for the store bought bread I really liked.  And then I had this "ah-ha" moment.  So I got on the internet and found this recipe that today turned out pretty YUM.
Coleen asked me to share it.
In a bread machine -
3/4 c. water 
1 TB butter or marg.
1 tsp salt
2 TB sunflower seeds 
1 TB each of sesame, flax, millet
and quinoa seeds
1 c. bread flour
1 c. ww flour
1 TB dry milk powder
1/4 c. brown sugar
1  tsp. bread machine yeast

OKAY, that was the basic recipe - I tweaked it with 1 TB gluten and dough enhancer, and it required an additional 1 1/2 TB water.  I think next time I will up the yeast by 1/2 tsp because I think it needs to be lighter.  And I used all whole wheat.  The seeds were very inexpensive. Quinoa cost the most.  I only bought like a half cup of each because I wasn't sure if I was going to like the recipe.  BUT I DO!!  It is every bit as good, or better than the store brand.  Next time as it raises I will sprinkle some dry oats on top.  

James came off the bus today with a goose egg on the eyebrow.  He was going down the aisle and a girl stood up and their heads collided.  The scary part is the swelling is following the temporal (?) bone.  He seems a bit tired.  I am sure he is fine, yesterday was the annual fifth grade square dance and then he came home and watched Star Wars until ten pm.  (not that I didn't try to get them off to bed). 

And last of all - finally sports on regular TV.  YEA!!!  

1 comment:

  1. Poor James, he's a tough guy though. I told Katelyn James got hurt and she said "oh he's alright, I'll kiss him better"

    ReplyDelete