If you're curious, I dissolved 1/3 of the bar soap in a quart of hot water. Brought it to a nice simmer on the stove and stirred until dissolved. We then added 1/2 cup of the Washing Soda and Borax to the soap water and stirred until too dissolved. Took it off the heat. In my mop bucket (3 gal) I put one quart of hot tap water. Then poured the soap mixture in and filled it with cold water up to the 2 gallon line. I let it set for about 30 miinutes and stirred it occasionally. It will begin to gel. We then poured it into two empty old juice gallon bottles. I think we ended up with about 1 2/3 gallons.
Each time I use this soap I will have to give the bottle a bit of a shake to mix it up again. Anyway, never hurts to try to cut back on some expenses!!
way to go on making your own laundry soap, and if the stuff takes out the smell from disgusting rats then it has to be good. My mom says that you are so lucky to have so many grand-kids, she is super jealous!!
ReplyDelete